I have been using Music Teachers Helper to support my music teaching business since 2008. Its exciting to see the changes over the years which add to it’s effectiveness as my office support.
During this season of Thanksgiving, I want to thank MTH for being innovative in listening to the needs of its customers and for providing us with what we need to make our job easier. What music teacher wants to spend time on scheduling and bookkeeping when we could be searching for music and creating an exciting environment for our students?
This is the first article in a series of how I use MTH creatively, in ways perhaps not intended by the software itself. If you look back on my previous blogs you will see that is my forte (no pun intended).
MTH calendar showing NO LESSON days
Customer questions about schedule around the holidays
As easily accessible as is the MHT calendar, I get numerous emails from students asking about the days no lesson will be held as we approach holidays. These questions come despite the web calendar and email reminders about days lessons will not be held. Read more…
Posted in Customer Support, Studio Management, Using Music Teacher's Helper
Thank you for participating in our June Survey, “Which MTH Features Do You Use?”. Below are the results of the survey:
1. Which of the following Student Features do you use?
2. Which of the following Calendar Features do you use?
3. Which of the following Billing/Business Features do you use?
Posted in Customer Support, Using Music Teacher's Helper
What is patience?
Patience is the sate of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way: or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one can take before negativity.
(Thanks to Wikipedia for the description and picture – (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patience)
Patience, engraving by Hans Sebald Beham, 1540
Posted in Customer Support, Teaching Tips, Using Music Teacher's Helper
I recently started using a plugin for Gmail called Boomerang. This has been a great asset in managing my Inbox. Boomerang allows you to do multiple tasks;
1) Write an email now and then send it at a later date.
2) Schedule reminders so you don’t lose track of important emails in your Inbox.
3) Send reminders if you don’t hear back from someone on an important email.
Posted in Customer Support, Financial Business, Music & Technology, Professional Development, Studio Management
The Daily (Email Lesson) Summary Report option has been moved from the bottom of the REPORTS Menu to the top, so the feature can be found easily.
The Daily Summary Report is the feature that, when activated, sends you an email daily of your student lessons itinerary for the day, including phone numbers, lesson notes from the previous lesson, and any fees that are due from a student.
Posted in Customer Support, New Features and Fixes, Studio Management, Using Music Teacher's Helper
Below are the New Features and Fixes this week:
- If a user registers for an open event that is for just one eligible person, the title of the event will now be changed to that person’s name.
- Improved formatting of lesson notes.
- Dragging and dropping calendar event issues have been fixed.
- Users were getting a “contact support” message on viewed or printed invoices. This has been fixed.
If you have an idea for improving Music Teacher’s Helper, Use our feedback site:
Posted in Customer Support, Site Announcements, Using Music Teacher's Helper
As we enter the Holiday Season, students are preparing for winter break, studio recitals, and parties. We hope to release dozens of new studio website themes within the next few weeks, as we are currently testing each template thoroughly making them available to our members.
Every week we post new features and fixes on our Facebook and Twitter page. Last month we will also begin posting the features and fixes weekly on our blog, as we are aware that many of you do not use social media accounts. You can also read current blog posts as well as the new weekly updates at the bottom of your MTH home page after you log-in.
Here are the Latest Updates made in November 2012:
- The Mobile Web App would not reconcile all day events. This has been fixed.
- Inaccurate Automatic Invoicing sidebar widget calculation has been fixed.
- Automatic invoicing was not sending out invoices. This has been fixed.
- The PDF version of invoices will now shows the symbol for the chosen currency.
- Under “Manage Students”, the Advance Search field is now working.
Posted in Customer Support, New Features and Fixes, Site Announcements
As you have probably noticed by now, we have created a Customer Support tab at the bottom right corner of your MTH webpage. We would like to know your preferred method of contacting the Support Team, and ask that you take the short survey below.
Click here to take survey
We welcome your comments on the MTH Customer Support as well as any comments on surveys in which you would like to participate in the future.
Posted in Customer Support
As we enter November, we are reminded that the holidays are quickly approaching. We’re also getting closer to releasing dozens of new studio website themes, and hope to have them available by the end of this month.
Every week we post new features and fixes on our Facebook and Twitter page. This month we will also begin posting the features and fixes weekly on our blog, as we are aware that many of you do not use social media accounts. You can also read current blog posts as well as the new weekly updates at the bottom of your MTH home page after you login.
Here are the Latest Features and Updates made in October 2012:
- Lessons are now stored in email history when sent from a reconciled lesson.
- Hawaii time zone has been added.
- You are now able to export data to excel from the transaction log.
- You can now add a date an item when lent from lending library.
- The Student Information Sheet can now be printed.
- Polish zloty as currency type has been added.
- Piano template quote was too big. This has been fixed.
- Australian time zones are now more clear.
- Former students were showing up in calendar filter list. This is now fixed.
- Parent email address were copying to the child student email address. This has been fixed.
- Apostrophes were not displaying properly in Event Titles. This is fixed.
- IE users were unable to click on any existing events to either view or edit. This has been fixed.
Posted in Customer Support, Site Announcements, Using Music Teacher's Helper
We are excited about the new features we have added in March 2012 as well as other improvements we have made. We appreciate the votes you have made on requested features, and continue to listen to your ideas and suggestions.
Go to mth.uservoice.com and submit your suggestions and vote on submitted features that you would like us to implement. You can also browse through our Knowledge Base for information and answers to commonly asked questions. If you have any questions of your own, Click on “Contact Us” on the Uservoice page and send your question to our Support Team for a quick answer.
Here are the latest Features and Other Improvements made in March, 2012:
- Drag and drop calendar events. On calendar month view, drag any event to a new date in the calendar to change the schedule. Week and Day view drag & drop coming soon.
- You can now customize the default image at the top of your studio website, and change a few other theme settings. Go to Website -> Layout / Theme, and click “Customize” on your theme.
- You can now accept credit cards from your students directly via Authorize.net, as an alternative to Paypal. To set it up, go to Settings > Enable Credit Card Payments for info.
- Lesson times of scheduled lessons are now included on the monthly invoices. Thanks to all who voted on this idea!
- Website pages can now have submenus. Create a new page and set the ‘Page Parent’ to make it a submenu.
- Good news! We made visual improvements on some studio themes making them look cleaner.
- Studio Logo variable was not available on Read more…
Posted in Customer Support, Site Announcements