Stripe is an additional way you can receive credit card payments from parents and students. Don’t worry, the ability to accept payments from Paypal and Authorize.net will not change. We’ve just added Stripe because it’s simple to use and easier for us to build additional features on top of so you can do more with accepting payments within your Music Teacher’s Helper account.
Stripe is simple to use for you and your parents and students. There are no hidden fees. Free setup, no monthly charge, and free to accept returns. It’s the same rate to accept American Express and it’s easy to connect to your bank account, where your money will be sent after two business days on a rolling basis. We think you’ll love using Stripe. Here’s how to get started:
- Create a free account at https://stripe.com/.
- Get your API keys from here: https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/apikeys or follow the four steps with the below screen shots:
Select the drop-down in the top right corner of your account
Select Account Settings
Next, select API Keys
The live Secret and Publishable Key is what you will copy and paste into your Music Teacher’s Helper settings
3. Once logged into your Music Teacher’s Helper account, click the Settings tab on the top right corner of your dashboard.
4. Select Stripe and enter the two keys provided when you created your Stripe account.
Create invoices as normal. It’s that simple.
Recurring and Metered Payments Available Soon
Soon, you will have the ability to set up recurring and metered payments!
With recurring payments, you can sign students up for a plan and their credit card number is entered once instead of opening and paying every invoice. Just like you pay for Music Teacher’s Helper.
Metered billing means that the parent would sign in and subscribe to a plan just like the above, but instead of a set amount, their card would be charged different amounts depending on the number of lessons and fees accrued during the month.
Students that are billed this way will never make a late payment again!
Once we introduce the ability to set up recurring payments as well as metered billing, we will be sure to let you know with an in-software pop-up announcement and provide instructions on how to set that up.
Other changes made this week:
- Added notifications so that if a student leaves a field blank when registering they are notified.
- Updated broken links on the MTH Help and Support page on the Student Login side.
- Updated the Studio Site blog comments sections so that multiple comments are displayed without breaking the layout.
- Updated the Select All checkbox behavior to unselect if an individual student is unchecked on the Student Account Summary page.
- Made a fix so that student’s names that contain apostrophes are displayed correctly.
- Made it so that it’s easier to tap the “Only In This Instance” option when editing a recurring event on iPads.
- Corrected a bug that caused strange characters on some invoice notes.
- Updated lesson reminder push notifications to display the time of the lesson.
- Released an update for iOS app to allow sending push notifications to students from within the app and other minor improvements and crash fixes.
Let us know in the comments section if you’ll be using Stripe!