Create Make-up Credits & Set Make-up Credit Expiration
Sometimes students can’t attend a lesson. With Music Teacher’s Helper, you can choose whether to offer a make-up lesson, issue a cash credit, or continue charging for the lesson. If you offer make-up lessons, here’s how you issue, track and now set make-up lesson credits that expire.
- Set the Make-up Lesson Credit expiration in the Settings page. Click the Drop down arrow in the upper right hand corner, and go to “Settings”.
- Click on the Studio Settings tab.
- You can set a time limit for which a make-up lesson credit is valid. If a student doesn’t use the make-up lesson by then, it will expire. Choose the number of days you would like make-up credits to be valid for. If you don’t want the make-up lesson to expire, you can leave this field blank, or enter 0. Click “Submit” on the bottom right to save your changes.
- Click on an event on the calendar that needs a make-up.
- Click “Set Attendance” & check “Issue Credit for this lesson (refund or make-up)”.
- Check either Issue Make-up Credit or Issue Cash Credit(Refund).
- Enter any notes about why you’re issuing this credit.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
Manage Your Existing Make-up Credits
- To see a list of all your make-up credits, in the main menu, click “Calendar”, then “Make-up Lesson Credits. The expiration date (if there is one) is shown in the results.
- You should see an expiry date when you view the make-up lesson credit in the Make-up Lesson Credits page. If you do not see an expiry date, then you have your settings at no expiration.