We are excited to announce the new Blog Feature for your music studio website. Also, your last five blog posts will show up on the dashboard of your parents and students after they log in. To begin using the new blog feature, you will need to first activate the blog.
Activating Your Blog
- Hover over “Website”, and click on “Website Pages”.
- Scroll down to “Blog”, and click on “Edit”.
- Change the page status from “Inactive” to “Active”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “SAVE”.
Creating Your Post
If you select “Create a New Post”, a new page will open, presented with an editor, in which you write up your very first post. After writing your article, you can select “Enable The Post”, or “Disable The Post”. You can also choose to allow comments on posts. Select your choices at the bottom and then select “Save Post”.
To create a post, hover over “Website”, and click on “Blog”. On this page you will see a list of posts you have already created, and two buttons at the top to “Create A New Post” or “Categories”.
Before you begin creating posts, you will first need to create categories to assign your posts. Click on “Categories” and create a few categories that you know you will be using for your posts. Examples for categories you could use are “Recitals”, “Practice Tips”, “Announcements”, or “Instrument Care”.
You are now ready to create your first post.
- Click on “New Post” in the “Blog” section.
- You will be taken to a page where you can give your new post a title, and begin writing your post.
- You will also see a text editor for formatting your post.
- After completing your article, scroll to the bottom of the screen and set the new post status to “Public” or “Hidden”.
- Designate if you want to enable or disable comments from your readers.
- When you are finished, select “Preview” or “Save Post”.
Your posts can now be viewed by your parents, students, and anyone else who has been provided with the link to your blog (your_name.musicteachershelper.com/posts).