The school year is coming to an end, and it is once again time to host my annual studio recital. I used to organize two studio recitals every year, once in December (called Holiday Recital) and once in June (Summer Recital). The Holiday recital became more and more difficult to schedule around everyone’s holiday plans, and now with a new baby, I decided to just do one big recital in June to celebrate the students’ achievements throughout the year. I now call it Annual Studio Recital and Awards Ceremony.
We all know how much time and effort can go into organizing these studio recitals, from renting the venue, scheduling students, to making programs, preparing refreshments, ordering awards…the list goes on and on. Ever since my first studio recital many years ago, I came up with the idea of making postcard invitations to give to the students so they can invite friends and family to come. This has proved to be an excellent investment for my time and effort, as the students hand these out at school to their classmates, and I have gotten new students as a result 🙂
This year, I am doing something extra to further promote my studio recital. I made a movie trailer!
Here is how I did it:
1. I use my iPad.
2. Open iMovie app (free download at Apple Store).
3. Click on the “+” sign to create new project.
4. Select “Trailer”.
5. Choose a theme (I chose Coming of Age).
6. Click “Create” (top right hand corner).
7. Fill out the form under “Outline” (This is the movie credits page).
8. Click on “Storyboard” (next to Outline).
9. Choose pictures/videos stored on your iPad and insert in each box. You can customize the wording to go with the pictures.
10. Done! You can save your new movie trailer on your iPad, email to students, and upload to Facebook and YouTube!
Hope everyone’s studio recital goes well!