Founder and CEO of Music Teacher’s Helper, Brandon Pearce, started teaching piano when he was sixteen years old. He soon realized he needed a better way to keep track of the finances, lesson progress, and schedules for his studio. Shortly after entering college to study computer programming, Brandon created a tool to help him do just this, with no intention of turning it into a business.
Other private music teachers saw the benefits of using the software Brandon had created for himself and asked to use it too. So Brandon made it available to other teachers. But he did not stop there. Using feedback from early adopters, improvements were added. The response was overwhelmingly positive and as a result, Music Teacher’s Helper was born.
From its humble beginnings in 2004, Music Teacher’s Helper has grown into a comprehensive studio management tool, spreading to over 14,000 teachers in 40 countries. We hear every week from users how the software has saved them time, money, reduced their stress, and increased the professionalism and organization in their studios.
Today, the company has over 25 team members, eagerly serving current users and working hard to play a part in the success of each and every person that uses Music Teacher’s Helper.
The Next 10 Years
Music Teacher’s Helper is dedicated to continue listening to our users, improving products and services based on that feedback, and helping them achieve their goals.
In the coming years, expect some exciting announcements. For example:
- A complete redesign of the software taking into account everything we’ve learned in the past ten years, including feedback from teachers and their students with several upcoming surveys.
- Further improvements to our website experience from mobile devices. Like a completely redesigned iPhone app launching this month & Android app coming shortly after!
- More products and services to help teachers grow and manage their studios.
Music Teacher’s Helper will become more than software and is nowhere near finished making our products and community the best it can be.
To celebrate Music Teacher’s Helper 10 year anniversary, we want to thank the people that have supported us and helped create the amazing community we have today. From September 8th to October 10th, we will be holding two special online events:
1) Helping music classrooms across the United States: Please consider joining us in giving and sharing the music projects listed on our Donors Choose giving page: http://www.donorschoose.org/MTH.
2) A Facebook and Blog contest with BIG prizes: Details to come on October 1st.
Thank you to our loyal customers and we look forward to serving you the next 10+ years!