So you are heading off to your first recording session. What tips can help you achieve a great recording? Even if you are just having fun recording yourself in your bedroom, hopefully, the following tips will help.
Before the recording session
• If this is your first time being recorded, if you can, visit the studio so as to get familiar with the vocal booth setup to help you relax. Even just looking at the photos on the studio website will help.
• If you are recording a vocal, get familiar with the words, ideally, memorise them and bring a copy to help the producer follow for accuracy as you record.
• When you rehearse, check that you only take breaths at the end of sentences to avoid spoiling the flow of the phrases.
• Focus on your performance. What does the song mean to you? Can you “feel” the emotion as you perform?
• Head to the session wearing [···]